Professor Rating
100%100%100%
Interest
100%100%100%
Easiness
100%100%100%
Average 100%
Life Science 3EP3

I took Life Science 3EP3 in the Summer term (June-Aug) of 2014. This course is an experiential education course offered through the life sciences department that allows Life Science students to undertake a professional placement in the field of their choice. It is also known as a course that allows students to "shadow" a professional in a field they find interesting and would possibly pursue in the future. To take this course, you need 2 supervisors, 1 academic supervisor at Mac & 1 placement supervisor (which is the professional you will be shadowing). Since it was the summer, I took this course abroad, which the life science department approved. My placement was with an orthodontist and oral surgeon but you can essentially shadow any field which you would like to learn about (ex. doctors, nurses, pharmacists, etc.). In regards to grading, my supervisor and I made the course outline together which involved bi-weekly journals, a final presentation and a post-placement reflection. This course is open-ended and the grading can be tailor made to what you want to do. I found this course very helpful in deciding a career path for myself and loved the experience altogether. It is definitely a course worth taking if you get the chance!
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for Life Science 3EP3!

Old 08-26-2014 at 10:32 PM   #2
reverie

Liked: 0 Times
Science 3ep3
Hi again,

I ask you so many questions...sorry.

Just a question about SCIENCE 3EP3, the placement course. How did you find the marking? Any advice who to have to mark/supervise form the Science Dept or how to break up the marking scheme?

Thanks again so much!
Old 08-27-2014 at 09:41 PM   #3
bradyr

Liked: 10 Times
did you score a 12?
Old 08-28-2014 at 11:35 PM   #4
bobsingh

Liked: 11 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradyr View Post
did you score a 12?
Yeah I did!