MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
Biochem 3G03 or Hth Sci 3K03? Only room for one Anaam Academics 12 09-04-2009 08:38 PM

Biochem 3G03

Old 06-03-2010 at 06:14 PM   #16
BenScott

Liked: 1 Time

Biochem 3G03
Both Dr. Yang and Dr. Bishop have a lot of passion for what they lectured on, making the lectures interesting but sadly not all that relevant to getting marks in the course. I say that because the majority of the questions on the tests come from past years. If you do the practice tests you'll get...

all say thanks to BenScott for this post.
Old 09-09-2010 at 05:30 PM   #15
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBurge View Post
Does anyone know if its a good idea to take biochem 3g03 before biochem 2ee3. I've noticed that 2ee3 isn't required for 3g03, but the textbook is the same. any thoughts or opinions?
As long as 2EE3 isn't a prereq, then yes. They cover very different material.
Old 09-25-2010 at 02:56 PM   #16
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times
I have to take this course. Should I take Biochem 2EE3, or will I be okay with just the two Orgos?
Old 09-25-2010 at 03:00 PM   #17
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by britb View Post
I have to take this course. Should I take Biochem 2EE3, or will I be okay with just the two Orgos?
Read the two posts above yours.
Old 09-25-2010 at 03:38 PM   #18
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times
lol, total lack of reading skills.

Thanks.
Old 11-28-2010 at 02:07 AM   #19
oseebhai

Liked: 0 Times
Sorry if this has been posted/misunderstoof, but are the two orgos necessary as prereqs for this course?
Old 11-28-2010 at 08:01 AM   #20
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by oseebhai View Post
Sorry if this has been posted/misunderstoof, but are the two orgos necessary as prereqs for this course?
http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /CALEN...756.html#49066

oseebhai says thanks to nerual for this post.
Old 12-03-2010 at 12:36 PM   #21
ms.show

Biochem 3g03 Exam
Does anyone know what the Biochem 3G03 final exam is like? I don't need to know what will be in it. Rather, I would appreciate it if you give me a general feedback on what the exam was like. What will be the best study strategy? Some study solely from past midterms. Some study from the book (which is alot of work). What should I primarily focus on in general terms? Thanks.
Old 03-21-2011 at 10:56 PM   #22
LBJ.MVP

Liked: 16 Times
Are reading for this class necessary or is this class like biochem 2ee3, where almost everything is from the notes and 1 test question? thanks
Old 05-05-2011 at 12:53 PM   #23
DivyaP

Is the textbook necessary for this course?
Old 05-06-2011 at 01:51 PM   #24
AnthraX

Liked: 23 Times
How is the workload for this course? easiness?
Old 06-06-2011 at 10:58 AM   #25
nessa18

Liked: 9 Times
Can someone please give an updated review on this course. Can't seem to find the course outline.
Old 06-06-2011 at 11:06 AM   #26
Fight0
Elite Member

Liked: 141 Times
5 midterms, 1 exam

The prof tells you not to go to class, so I never went after the first day.

There are five midterms, of about 25 questions each. Almost every question is from previous tests which are given to you and you have to be able to understand them and be able to solve the problems if new numbers are substituted into the questions. This process is aided by tutorials where they teach you to do the questions.

There is alternative marking schemes in the course where either your five midterms comprise your midterm mark or four midterms and the exam. I did well enough in the course to never write the exam however I heard it was exactly like the midterms.

Easiest course ever.

BlueWave, meddling, traveler10 all say thanks to Fight0 for this post.

nessa18, traveler10 like this.
Old 06-06-2011 at 12:10 PM   #27
nessa18

Liked: 9 Times
Is it all multple choice? Considering that there are 5 midterms is there a lot of material to know? Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight0 View Post
5 midterms, 1 exam

The prof tells you not to go to class, so I never went after the first day.

There are five midterms, of about 25 questions each. Almost every question is from previous tests which are given to you and you have to be able to understand them and be able to solve the problems if new numbers are substituted into the questions. This process is aided by tutorials where they teach you to do the questions.

There is alternative marking schemes in the course where either your five midterms comprise your midterm mark or four midterms and the exam. I did well enough in the course to never write the exam however I heard it was exactly like the midterms.

Easiest course ever.
Old 06-06-2011 at 01:01 PM   #28
Fight0
Elite Member

Liked: 141 Times
It`s all mc and you memorize how to do 25 questions per test so there is not a lot of material at all.
Old 06-08-2011 at 08:11 PM   #29
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times
Does someone maybe have the course outline? I wanted to get a little more insight on the topics covered in the course. But I no longer have access to Learnlink and they're not available on the Biochem dept website.

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search