MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
Biochem 3G03 or Hth Sci 3K03? Only room for one Anaam Academics 12 09-04-2009 08:38 PM

Biochem 3G03

Old 06-03-2010 at 06:14 PM   #31
BenScott

Liked: 1 Time

Biochem 3G03
Both Dr. Yang and Dr. Bishop have a lot of passion for what they lectured on, making the lectures interesting but sadly not all that relevant to getting marks in the course. I say that because the majority of the questions on the tests come from past years. If you do the practice tests you'll get...

all say thanks to BenScott for this post.
Old 06-08-2011 at 09:12 PM   #30
Fight0
Elite Member

Liked: 141 Times
You don't learn anything in this course. Just very abstract concepts about proteins and dna that you will never need to know again.

BlueWave likes this.
Old 06-09-2011 at 05:05 PM   #31
BlueWave

Liked: 16 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teresa View Post
Do profs provide students with figure/chapter references from the old (2ed.) textbook as well as the new one? or just from the new textbook?
Does anyone know?

Thanks so much!!

Last edited by BlueWave : 06-09-2011 at 05:34 PM.
Old 06-09-2011 at 05:33 PM   #32
BlueWave

also, are the mid-terms in-class?
Old 06-09-2011 at 06:28 PM   #33
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWave View Post
also, are the mid-terms in-class?
Pretty sure they are. Here's the course outline that someone posted in another thread! Hope that helps http://www.scribd.com/doc/46771731/3G03-Outline-2010-v2

BlueWave says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.
Old 08-08-2011 at 09:05 PM   #34
McUsed

Liked: 7 Times
I took this course in Fall 2010 and the structure changed slightly. Although the prof says to read the textbook well in advance in order to get a 12, this is false! Don't bother reading the textbook unless there's a concept you don't understand. Instead, study all the practice tests he posts which can be found on learnlink. He uses almost the same questions from the practice test and puts them on the real test...only difference is that some of numbers or wording is different. Also, be sure to attend lectures! To increase the number of people who showed up for lectures, both profs would mention things in lecture that couldn't be found in lecture notes or in the textbook but which could be tested. Still, there were many empty seats. (Fun fact: about 20 people got a 12 this year compared to 50 people the previous years).
Old 08-11-2011 at 08:27 PM   #35
LBJ.MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight0 View Post
You don't learn anything in this course. Just very abstract concepts about proteins and dna that you will never need to know again.

When did u take this class?

Quote:
Originally Posted by McUsed View Post
I took this course in Fall 2010 and the structure changed slightly. Although the prof says to read the textbook well in advance in order to get a 12, this is false! Don't bother reading the textbook unless there's a concept you don't understand. Instead, study all the practice tests he posts which can be found on learnlink. He uses almost the same questions from the practice test and puts them on the real test...only difference is that some of numbers or wording is different. Also, be sure to attend lectures! To increase the number of people who showed up for lectures, both profs would mention things in lecture that couldn't be found in lecture notes or in the textbook but which could be tested. Still, there were many empty seats. (Fun fact: about 20 people got a 12 this year compared to 50 people the previous years).
Im guessing the posted the final marks in the class or else how would you know this?

Last edited by jhan523 : 08-11-2011 at 09:35 PM.
Old 08-15-2011 at 09:43 AM   #36
BenScott

Liked: 1 Time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight0 View Post
I disagree...I thought it was a decent (albiet incomplete) introduction to the biochemistry of DNA and proteins.

I'm now doing a biochem based Master's project, and although I've learned a lot since I took 3G03, it definitely provided a decent background.
Old 08-15-2011 at 10:54 AM   #37
Fight0
Elite Member

Liked: 141 Times
I took the class last fall. I guess I don't research interests in protein or dna biochemistry to have made this class worthwhile to me
Old 09-07-2011 at 02:59 PM   #38
Carly

Liked: 0 Times
Thanks for the info
Old 09-10-2011 at 07:09 PM   #39
hohoangv

easy easy class (easy 11 or 12). there is a test bank so as long as you know how to do those questions, you're good to go (hint: go to the tutorials before the test if you cant figure out the answers)
Old 09-11-2011 at 07:16 PM   #40
jayamurali

THANK YOU for the reviw...
Old 09-11-2011 at 07:17 PM   #41
jayamurali

THANK YOU for the review...
Old 09-13-2011 at 03:16 PM   #42
SandraM

Liked: 4 Times
Does anyone have past tests that they wanna sell?
If so msg me
Old 09-13-2011 at 03:32 PM   #43
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraM View Post
Does anyone have past tests that they wanna sell?
If so msg me
That constitutes academic dishonesty.
Old 09-13-2011 at 08:32 PM   #44
LBJ.MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
That constitutes academic dishonesty.
He posts them anyway. Besides.... health sci's have access to tests in numerous courses that's only accessible to them on learn-link...

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search