MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
Chemistry 1AA3 Questions TLulu First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 01-01-2010 10:59 AM

Chemistry 1AA3

Old 07-01-2008 at 07:02 PM   #16
kenneth526
Elite Member

Liked: 41 Times

Chemistry 1AA3
Overview
Chemistry 1AA3 is a continuation of Chem 1A03 and discusses organic chemistry, additional bonding topics (orbital hybridization), chemical kinetics, buffer solutions, intermolecular forces, and a new topic,...

all say thanks to kenneth526 for this post.

likes this.
Old 08-31-2009 at 10:57 PM   #15
lankan_4lif

Liked: 9 Times
Is the solution manual useful in this course? I'm going to buy a 3 part package but it doesnt include the solutions manual, instead it includes the study guide.
Old 09-01-2009 at 12:17 AM   #16
Saleha

Liked: 17 Times
I never needed to use the solutions manual... or a study guide. There was so much practice to be done outside of the textbook questions... and with the textbk questions, i didn't really check answers for the ones I did most of the time. It depends on how much time you'll have and whether or not you'll do a lot of textbook questions.
Otherwise, I think you'll be okay with just the text.
Old 09-01-2009 at 12:20 AM   #17
lankan_4lif

Thanks for the info Saleha. Where did you get all the practice question from outside of the textbook? Did you get them from like past midterms/exams and like questions given at tutorials or posted by professors?
Old 09-01-2009 at 12:21 AM   #18
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lankan_4lif View Post
Thanks for the info Saleha. Where did you get all the practice question from outside of the textbook? Did you get them from like past midterms/exams and like questions given at tutorials or posted by professors?
The professors will post past test and exams when the time is right.
Old 09-01-2009 at 12:24 AM   #19
Saleha

Yes, and you have weekly tutorial questions to cover as well. Solutions are posted at the end of the week.
Old 09-01-2009 at 12:25 AM   #20
lankan_4lif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleha View Post
Yes, and you have weekly tutorial questions to cover as well. Solutions are posted at the end of the week.
Thanks, thats good stuff. Are the weekly tutorial questions representative of the difficulty of midterm/exam questions or easier?
Old 09-01-2009 at 12:27 AM   #21
Saleha

Hmm, they have a good mix. They'll have the harder questions at the end, which are pretty good practice for tests and exam. And some tricky ones too with the simpler questions.
Old 09-01-2009 at 12:29 AM   #22
lankan_4lif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleha View Post
Hmm, they have a good mix. They'll have the harder questions at the end, which are pretty good practice for tests and exam. And some tricky ones too with the simpler questions.
Thanks again Saleha. One more question, how is Goward as a professor if you've had her or did you hear anything about her? I've heard some mixed opinions about her.
Old 09-01-2009 at 12:31 AM   #23
Saleha

I had Britz McGibbon for 1A03. But I heard Goward was okay. Britz was not that good. I think they both got equal ratings, lol. mixed is right, but as i posted in Chem 1A03 thread, you'll be fine with whatever chem prof you get; they are all very experienced and helpful. ofcourse Lock is exceptional.
Old 09-01-2009 at 12:33 AM   #24
lankan_4lif

Yes, i have Lock for CHEM 1AA3 but apparently shes on maternity leave so its rumoured that Mr. Hatala will be replacing here. He is a high school teacher during the year and teaches introductory chemistry in the summer at McMaster.
Old 09-01-2009 at 12:41 AM   #25
Saleha

I've read on another thread that Hatala is quite amazing... http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...ight=lock+chem
there are opinions on other profs on here too
Old 09-01-2009 at 12:42 AM   #26
lankan_4lif

Ye i read that thread already
Old 09-01-2009 at 12:44 AM   #27
Saleha

well, then just don't worry too much about what prof you're gonna get... they all work together quite nicely and have midterms and exam made collaboratively. You'll do fine if you put in the work needed...
Old 09-01-2009 at 12:47 AM   #28
lankan_4lif

Ye, im not worried too much abt the prof that i got, just wanted to hear diff opinions, thats all LOL
Old 12-25-2009 at 11:25 AM   #29
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times
What chapters are covered in the course (in the Petrucci textbook)? Also, would a review of the concepts in 1a03 be necessary?
Thanks!

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search