MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
End Goal Of Dating? Desda Dating & Relationships 279 12-09-2010 03:27 PM
Torrenting sites/Watch TV Online sites lorend Movies & Television 13 09-09-2010 01:05 PM
has anyone else heard of these sites? marauders89 General Discussion 9 03-04-2009 01:06 PM
MacInsiders Articles on Dating Chad CLOSED: Dating & Relationships 0 06-18-2008 09:21 AM
Some Dating Ideas… lorend Misc 4 09-30-2007 04:42 PM

Dating sites

Old 04-15-2010 at 12:09 AM   #1
Katia
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 36 Times

Dating sites
What are your opinions about online dating websites?
What about agencies for married people who are looking for affairs [such as ashleymadison.com]?
Do you feel like today, society is borderline accepting the fact that cheating happens and a lot of people do it?
Old 04-15-2010 at 12:15 AM   #2
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

A lot of people our age (Gen Y) tend to use them because they have hard time meeting people...and don't want to try and pick up at a bar.

Or so I've heard.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 04-15-2010 at 12:17 AM   #3
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 258 Times

I never understood cheating, what's the point of being in a relationship if you're going to cheat? It seems it's more prevalent than ever in society, especially female cheaters, recent studies and statistics show that women cheat more than men and also have more sexual partners than men nowadays.
Old 04-15-2010 at 12:23 AM   #4
sniderj
Elite Member

Liked: 177 Times

I don't think it's ethical to cheat, but I can understand why it happens. I think a lot of people cheat because they're not getting everything they need out of the relationship. A person might have a significant other who is physically cold, or emotionally cold. Or, that significant other may be both emotionally and physically warm, but intellectually deficient relative to the cheater. There are a lot of different needs that can be satisfied by a relationship, and I'm sure there's no shortage of people who can't satisfy EVERY need.

Again, I'm not saying it's right... just saying I understand it.
Old 04-15-2010 at 12:29 AM   #5
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 258 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniderj View Post
I don't think it's ethical to cheat, but I can understand why it happens. I think a lot of people cheat because they're not getting everything they need out of the relationship. A person might have a significant other who is physically cold, or emotionally cold. Or, that significant other may be both emotionally and physically warm, but intellectually deficient relative to the cheater. There are a lot of different needs that can be satisfied by a relationship, and I'm sure there's no shortage of people who can't satisfy EVERY need.

Again, I'm not saying it's right... just saying I understand it.
If you're not getting everything you need out of a relationship, either end the relationship, or try to mend the relationship. There is absolutely no way you can rationalize cheating, you'd have to be a coward to do it.

Old 04-15-2010 at 12:35 AM   #6
sniderj
Elite Member

Liked: 177 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souldier View Post
If you're not getting everything you need out of a relationship, either end the relationship, or try to mend the relationship. There is absolutely no way you can rationalize cheating, you'd have to be a coward to do it.
It's not that simple. Sure, if you're just in a relationship with someone, you should end it if you're not digging it. But it gets complicated if, for example, kids are involved, and the person thinks it's better for the family to stay together for the kids.
Old 04-15-2010 at 12:39 AM   #7
Katia
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 36 Times

I'm doing some research for my blog, It's so messed up.. \

I joined a few sites to see what's up...
www.establishedmen.co m <-- for rich, successful men who are looking for someone to share their life with.. hmm?sugar daddy anyone? haha

and cougarlife.com

pretty interesting if you're bored. haha
Old 04-15-2010 at 12:39 AM   #8
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
A lot of people our age (Gen Y) tend to use them because they have hard time meeting people...and don't want to try and pick up at a bar.

Or so I've heard.
And then you have my case: where I'm antisocial and don't wanna resort to using online sites... >____>

Rossclot says thanks to JEFF_CHAN for this post.
Old 04-15-2010 at 12:43 AM   #9
Keenu

Liked: 15 Times

Today's generation has unrealtistic expectations of a relationship. They expect it to be all rainbows and sunshine, and hugs and .. Edward basically. I think having unreasonable expectations is what leads to disappointmetn in a relationship.

Afzal, cmhtbx, dreamer21, Kelsey18 like this.
Old 04-15-2010 at 12:46 AM   #10
Kelsey18
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 14 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenu View Post
Today's generation has unrealtistic expectations of a relationship. They expect it to be all rainbows and sunshine, and hugs and .. Edward basically. I think having unreasonable expectations is what leads to disappointmetn in a relationship.
Hahaha, I love the Twilight reference. Twilight ruined the female's perspective of realistic men.

Afzal, Nosh, ytpos like this.
Old 04-15-2010 at 12:54 AM   #11
Keenu

Hey dont get me wrong. I love the idea of Edward, and read all 4 books ... but I know the difference between reality and fantasy, and some people just don't get that. I think a real relationship takes work, compromises, and alot of "f*ck i wanna kill this man" moments.
Old 04-15-2010 at 01:18 AM   #12
Nosh

Liked: 17 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenu View Post
Hey dont get me wrong. I love the idea of Edward, and read all 4 books ... but I know the difference between reality and fantasy, and some people just don't get that. I think a real relationship takes work, compromises, and alot of "f*ck i wanna kill this man" moments.
Ive tried so hard to read the books to understand they hype. I cant get passed page 5 . Bella is sosososos emo . I cant take ittttt

BlakeM says thanks to Nosh for this post.

ytpos likes this.
Old 04-15-2010 at 01:24 AM   #13
Kelsey18
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 14 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosh View Post
Ive tried so hard to read the books to understand they hype. I cant get passed page 5 . Bella is sosososos emo . I cant take ittttt
I tried to read them to prove to one of my roommates that I would be against the Twilight trend regardless of knowing the actual story.

I got halfway through the first book and then thought "this girl is too annoying."

I can see why people like it, but it's not for me at all.
Old 04-15-2010 at 01:27 AM   #14
Nosh

Liked: 17 Times

"Dragonfly seeks his Delicate Butterfly "

DEFS a keeper
Attached Images
File Type: jpg old man haha.jpg (35.5 KB, 97 views)
Old 04-15-2010 at 01:29 AM   #15
Keenu

I started to hate the terrible grammar before I hated on the poorly developed charachters. And halfway through the book, the "dazzling" ( you know the dazzling right?).. got annoying.. but I just had to know-_- what happens...
I'm more of a Harry Potter obsessed/freak/crazy person... Crucio to all who disagree

MKelly, sew12, ytpos like this.