Grades Help Mac12 Academics 32 06-29-2009 02:31 PM
Grades ferreinm Academics 5 05-30-2008 10:57 AM

Help with a conflict in grades?

Old 01-13-2011 at 04:23 PM   #1
ims316

Liked: 0 Times

Help with a conflict in grades?
Hey all,
I was wandering if you guys can help me with a little situation here.
I got my final grade and it is only 2 percent lower than what i wished it was. On my second midterm test, there were a few discrepancies and i talked to my TA, and he said to talk to the other two TA's who marked the test as well (all three TA's mark different sections). The test was handed after the classes were done a week before the final exam period started. I live way too far and thought, it was not worth it to commute 4 hours to get the grades and decided to see if i can work hard on the exam and bring it up afterwords. Now with my final grade, i am not happy and thought i could talk to the professor and he said that TA's notified us the last date to get it remarked was december 10 and consequently he won't sit down with me. It was never mentioned in any of the tutorials as the test was handed back after the last tutorial and its not mentioned in the course outline either. I think its unfair that i am not even being given a chance to discuss my problems with the professor as he does not even want to look at the test. It sounds like 2 percent but it could go a very long way and its just not fair.
What should I do?

Any help would be APPRECIATED
Old 01-13-2011 at 05:14 PM   #2
McIntyre

Liked: 173 Times

If you are ever having difficulty appealing a grade, or need any help with mediation on campus, approach OMBUDS. It is a joint service offered by the MSU and McMaster University (to ensure its fairness) and they can at the very least let you know if you have a case, and from there if it warrants it, help you come to a resolution with the professor. To book an appointment or get more information just visit them here: http://www.mcmaster.ca/ombuds/. The two full-time staff are extremely helpful.

ims316 says thanks to McIntyre for this post.
Old 01-13-2011 at 05:37 PM   #3
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

I was wandering that too.
Old 01-13-2011 at 11:25 PM   #4
phln3

Liked: 22 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desda View Post
I was wandering that too.
Is that your actual glasses?

I have been trying to look for you on campus.

You have this suicidal vibe and I was just wondering if we could... cut ourselves together...

Last edited by phln3 : 01-13-2011 at 11:29 PM.

Desda likes this.