MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Things that are annoying AelyaS First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 582 12-24-2010 02:43 AM
Things need to bring to REZ JeetDevDesai Residence & Housing 32 06-24-2010 11:20 AM
In my first year of University I wish I knew (G&M) jmbauman First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 38 09-02-2009 11:26 PM
8 Things You Should Know About Your Bookstore! kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 0 08-29-2008 10:32 PM
A few new things to note Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 09-30-2006 01:03 AM

THINGS you wished you knew!

Old 06-25-2010 at 10:32 PM   #166
JeetDevDesai

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
What's your physics background? Do you like physics? What programs do you want to apply for second year? What profession are you thinking about going into?
i am okayish at physics got 89% in grade 12 and idk about second year...med school is the final frontier!
Old 06-25-2010 at 10:34 PM   #167
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeetDevDesai View Post
i am okayish at physics got 89% in grade 12 and idk about second year...med school is the final frontier!
If you want to do apply to med school then you'll want to take both 1B03 and 1BB3. Together with your grade 12 physics knowledge covers everything that the MCAT covers in the physics section.

You should do fine in first year physics provided you had a good teacher and he followed the curriculum.
Old 06-25-2010 at 10:37 PM   #168
JeetDevDesai

my friend also going to mac in life sci...took physics but dropped it later so what should she take now?
Old 06-25-2010 at 10:57 PM   #169
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

If you ever plan on writing the MCAT, take physics, it helps quite a bit
Old 06-25-2010 at 10:57 PM   #170
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
my friend also going to mac in life sci...took physics but dropped it later so what should she take now?
You technically don't NEED to take both physics if you don't mind learning all the material on your own time. Some people self learn the physics part for the MCAT, it's really a choice you should make since you know your own abilities.

If she doesn't want to self learn then she'll have to take L03, B03 and BB3.
Old 06-25-2010 at 10:59 PM   #171
JeetDevDesai

THANK YOU PPL ... its really nice to know that people are there to help out!
Old 06-26-2010 at 12:08 AM   #172
paperplanes

Liked: 10 Times

Your meal plan gets used up pretty fast if you buy $5 FUZE everyday.
Old 06-26-2010 at 02:16 AM   #173
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

havent read the whole thread so excuse any repeats

1. waaaakkkkkeeee UP!... even if u only mean to rest for 5 more minutes.. it WILL turn into an hour and tadaaa youve missed chem again

2. do the practice problems given... just do em

3. wake up

4. dc++ is awesome.. but can also be your worst enemy.. you'll say ONE more episode then im done.. and BAM! your day was wasted watching evry episode of the office

5. wake up

6. join the gym as early as possible.. commons food will ruin u

7. wake up

8. dont fall asleep in class... newtons fifth law states that when u are asleep is the time the prof will go over material that will appear on the midterm

Old 06-26-2010 at 10:50 AM   #174
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by giftedchick View Post
havent read the whole thread so excuse any repeats

1. waaaakkkkkeeee UP!... even if u only mean to rest for 5 more minutes.. it WILL turn into an hour and tadaaa youve missed chem again

2. do the practice problems given... just do em

3. wake up

4. dc++ is awesome.. but can also be your worst enemy.. you'll say ONE more episode then im done.. and BAM! your day was wasted watching evry episode of the office

5. wake up

6. join the gym as early as possible.. commons food will ruin u

7. wake up

8. dont fall asleep in class... newtons fifth law states that when u are asleep is the time the prof will go over material that will appear on the midterm
So what is newton's fourth law?

And so true about waking up, Ill tell myself 5 minutes, eve change the alarm and end up waking up a good half an hour to hour later
Old 06-26-2010 at 02:27 PM   #175
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPack View Post
So what is newton's fourth law?

And so true about waking up, Ill tell myself 5 minutes, eve change the alarm and end up waking up a good half an hour to hour later
4th law = wake up... u will miss class
Old 06-26-2010 at 04:37 PM   #176
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPack View Post
And so true about waking up, Ill tell myself 5 minutes, even change the alarm and end up waking up a good half an hour to hour later
Once, I set my alarm at 7:15am for my 8:30 class even though I didn't have to get out of bed til 7:30. So, I woke up at 7:15, fell back asleep, and woke up at 8:30...and then went back to sleep again and didn't even TRY to go to class. So now, I set my alarm at the very last possible time I can get out of bed, turn it REALLY loud and put it across my room...It gives me a jolt of adrenaline, which is usually enough to at least get me out of bed
Old 06-27-2010 at 09:18 AM   #177
jackiemac

Liked: 71 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
Once, I set my alarm at 7:15am for my 8:30 class even though I didn't have to get out of bed til 7:30. So, I woke up at 7:15, fell back asleep, and woke up at 8:30...and then went back to sleep again and didn't even TRY to go to class. So now, I set my alarm at the very last possible time I can get out of bed, turn it REALLY loud and put it across my room...It gives me a jolt of adrenaline, which is usually enough to at least get me out of bed
Try this: http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/lights/9171/
Flipping obnoxious, but it works.
Old 06-27-2010 at 10:16 AM   #178
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by giftedchick View Post

i think thats murphy's law
Old 06-27-2010 at 09:09 PM   #179
JeetDevDesai

Heyy Guys I am going to live off-campus for first year and I don't know which meal plan is good for me...
also I can't cook so can you tell me which one is a better choice FREEDOM or TERM plan?

Freedom Plan

The Freedom Plan allows you to determine the size of your account. It can be set up with an initial deposit of $100 or more, so you can spend as much or as little as you want. You decide how much of a deposit you want to make and when you want to add more money. This plan also gives you a 5% discount on most food purchases at our dining locations on-campus. It can also be used to dine at or order delivery from the participating local off-campus restaurants. The Freedom Plan is virtually risk-free. It is fully refundable, very flexible, and can be increased at any time.

Term Plan

Our Term Plan is designed to save you money and stretch over a designated period of time. It is a non-taxable meal plan saving you up to 13% of sales taxes, and can be purchased at a minimum rate of $220 for a period of four consecutive weeks. You may add more weeks at the rate of $55 per week at the time of initial purchase, or prior to the expiry date of your Term Plan. This plan is designed for your personal use only and it allows you to buy only food items at the Hospitality Services locations on campus.

As the Term Plan is a non-taxable plan, under government tax regulations, it is also considered non-refundable and non-transferable (except upon complete withdrawal from the University, subject to a minimum charge of four weeks). All monies must be used by the end of the purchased term. We encourage you to monitor your purchases, as any unspent monies at the end of the purchased term will be lost.

http://hospitality.mcmaster. ca/mea...offcampus.html
Old 06-27-2010 at 09:20 PM   #180
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Heyy Guys I am going to live off-campus for first year and I don't know which meal plan is good for me...
also I can't cook so can you tell me which one is a better choice FREEDOM or TERM plan?

Freedom Plan

The Freedom Plan allows you to determine the size of your account. It can be set up with an initial deposit of $100 or more, so you can spend as much or as little as you want. You decide how much of a deposit you want to make and when you want to add more money. This plan also gives you a 5% discount on most food purchases at our dining locations on-campus. It can also be used to dine at or order delivery from the participating local off-campus restaurants. The Freedom Plan is virtually risk-free. It is fully refundable, very flexible, and can be increased at any time.

Term Plan

Our Term Plan is designed to save you money and stretch over a designated period of time. It is a non-taxable meal plan saving you up to 13% of sales taxes, and can be purchased at a minimum rate of $220 for a period of four consecutive weeks. You may add more weeks at the rate of $55 per week at the time of initial purchase, or prior to the expiry date of your Term Plan. This plan is designed for your personal use only and it allows you to buy only food items at the Hospitality Services locations on campus.

As the Term Plan is a non-taxable plan, under government tax regulations, it is also considered non-refundable and non-transferable (except upon complete withdrawal from the University, subject to a minimum charge of four weeks). All monies must be used by the end of the purchased term. We encourage you to monitor your purchases, as any unspent monies at the end of the purchased term will be lost.

http://hospitality.mcmaster. ca/mea...offcampus.html
Just go with the Freedom plan, you can add more when you are starting to run low.

For the term plan, you need to get 55$ a week, which is basically eating on campus Monday-Friday. You can't even use it to purchase food from off-campus places that accept the meal card.

JeetDevDesai says thanks to jhan523 for this post.

JeetDevDesai likes this.