MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My offers in jeopardy! Help?! MaryS First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-12-2010 12:04 AM
Alternate Offers amare First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 05-10-2010 04:54 PM
McMaster University Offers of Admission 2010 Thread Rubicon First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 28 04-18-2010 09:28 AM
Conditional Offers yevenbother First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 83 07-15-2009 11:20 PM
McMaster Kinesiology offers of admission? Mac12 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 17 04-15-2009 06:19 PM

Offers of Admission

Old 02-25-2008 at 10:55 PM   #1
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

Offers of Admission
A few questions have been e-mailed our way about admission letters...

Offers of admission are sent out on a rolling basis in late March.

For answers to common admissions-related questions, be sure to check out MACADMIT and MACIQ, run by the Registrar's office. You can visit their sites here:

http://www.maciq.ca/

http://www.macadmit.ca/

Type in your question, and if it is a common question you should get a response, or look at related questions for similar responses. If you can't find what you're looking for feel free to post in the MacInsiders forum and we'll pass your question along to the Registrar's office, or you can contact them directly.
Old 02-28-2008 at 03:12 PM   #2
mac.student

Liked: 2 Times

Hey,
do you guys remember approximately when you received your letters of acceptance? A couple of weeks ago I received an email from Mac which stated that they will make their first round of acceptances late-Feb, early-March. I'm getting slightly anxious just because I've received offers from every university I've applied to except for McMaster, which is really the only university I'm interested in attending.
Old 02-28-2008 at 03:26 PM   #3
Sarah13

Liked: 11 Times

My offer of admission came right at the start of March Break - so the second week of March or so. I know how you feel - Mac was my first choice, and I had heard back from every other school by mid February. Hang in there!
Old 02-28-2008 at 06:55 PM   #4
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Mine was March Break too...the Thursday of.

Mac is notoriously and agonizingly annoying like that.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 02-29-2008 at 05:16 PM   #5
davey
Elite Member

Liked: 14 Times

I GOT AN OFFER OF ADMISSION TODAY!! yayyyyyyyy!!

i got accepted to nursing and life sciences. =)
Old 02-29-2008 at 05:42 PM   #6
mac.student

Liked: 2 Times

Congrats!! I also just received an offer for nursing!
Old 02-29-2008 at 06:15 PM   #7
davey
Elite Member

Liked: 14 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac.student View Post
Congrats!! I also just received an offer for nursing!
yay us. =]
Old 02-29-2008 at 07:05 PM   #8
jade177

Liked: 8 Times

I got my acceptance today too, but for Kinesiology!!!
Any other prospective Kin students?
I applied to Health Sci too, but I know that I still have a loooong wait until I hear about that!
Old 02-29-2008 at 08:34 PM   #9
Aestas

Liked: 0 Times

Got my offer for engineering today
Old 03-01-2008 at 09:09 AM   #10
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Congrats all!

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 03-01-2008 at 09:24 AM   #11
Meg543

I got my offer for Life Sciences yesterday too! Pretty excited
Old 03-01-2008 at 03:46 PM   #12
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

Congrats to everyone!!! I hope you choose McMaster, and we look forward to seeing you in September. Be sure to stop by our MacInsiders booth at Clubsfest during Welcome Week and introduce yourselves to our staff

If you have any other questions about Mac be sure to post them and we'll do our best to answer and give advice.

P.S., some people reading this may not have gotten an acceptance package yet, but if you go online to the website where you submitted your university choices you're apparently able to see which you were accepted into before the packages are sent out. So be sure to check online! Packages are sent out on a 'rolling' basis, so they come at different times.
Old 03-02-2008 at 08:21 AM   #13
tamzmullett

Has anyone gotten into communications and multi media?

Lots of people I know heard from the hummanities on Friday and I didn't hear anything/nothing was on OUAC.

I am working for the year (I graduated highschool last year) which means they would have all of my completed marks, so you would think they would accept that earlier because everything's complete? (My final average was like 15% above the cutoff average for that program)

Now i'm worried!
Old 03-02-2008 at 09:43 AM   #14
Meg543

I definitely wouldn't worry if I were you. A lot of my friends haven't even heard from any of the schools that they've applied to. The universities don't even have to make offers or whatever until May 26th...so they can wait that long if they really want. And if your marks are above the cut-off you're probably good. A friend of mine whos marks are lower than mine applied to the same program as me and he recieved an offer and I still haven't (this is another school not Mac though). Also I wouldn't count on the OUAC site. My offers haven't shown up there until several days after I recieve the email offering admission from universities. So hang in there and try not to worry. I bet your email is coming soon.
Old 03-02-2008 at 11:40 AM   #15
alawlor

I was accepted on February 29th (two days ago) to the Commerce program. I wouldn't worry too much if you haven't gotten an email yet, my friend who has about the same grades that I do, hasn't gotten accepted to her program yet. Just like I haven't been accepted to other programs, and have been accepted to some. If that makes sense at all. haha