MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My offers in jeopardy! Help?! MaryS First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-12-2010 12:04 AM
Alternate Offers amare First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 05-10-2010 04:54 PM
McMaster University Offers of Admission 2010 Thread Rubicon First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 28 04-18-2010 09:28 AM
Conditional Offers yevenbother First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 83 07-15-2009 11:20 PM
McMaster Kinesiology offers of admission? Mac12 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 17 04-15-2009 06:19 PM

Offers of Admission

Old 05-07-2008 at 03:02 PM   #151
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

hehe, could get fun.. trying to find people based on their forum username
Old 05-07-2008 at 04:04 PM   #152
aetemad

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey.park View Post
Congrats on getting into the BHSc program! After applicants have reached the 90% mark threshold, their supplementary applications are read by at least three people (consisting of 4th year students and faculty), marked out of 7 each time, and averaged out. Those with an average supplementary application score of 7 are sent offers first regardless of marks. People with similar supplementary application averages (ie. two people with scores of 6.8) have their grade averages looked at and those with higher grades are offered the spots first.

The program really tries to cap enrolment at 160 1st year students so they send about 220 offers expecting 60 to decline. However, if any more than 60 decline, they'll fill the rest of the seats on a rolling basis.
That is totally contradicting what Lorend said. You are saying that they have sent ALL the offers already while Lorend said that offers come out in waves.....So which one is true?
Old 05-07-2008 at 04:16 PM   #153
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by aetemad View Post
That is totally contradicting what Lorend said. You are saying that they have sent ALL the offers already while Lorend said that offers come out in waves.....So which one is true?
casey.park said they come out in a rolling basis based on people who decline after they send out the initial 220. We said the same thing...

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 05-07-2008 at 04:20 PM   #154
42__svubc07

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
casey.park said they come out in a rolling basis based on people who decline after they send out the initial 220. We said the same thing...
does that mean that they already sent out the 220 offers? :|
Old 05-07-2008 at 04:45 PM   #155
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

I guess so?

It depends on if they were one of the fourth years who would know such a thing

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 05-07-2008 at 06:03 PM   #156
aetemad

So if they were to reject you....When would that be?
Old 05-07-2008 at 06:13 PM   #157
Ola2000

Commerce Acceptances?
Hi I applied for McMaster Commerce and I am within the range but still have not received an acceptance letter. Its my first choice and I am so stressed out not knowing if I am accepted or not. The cut off is 80-82 % and I have an 81.5%. I was just wondering how good my chances are for getting in and if any more acceptances will be sent out soon? Thanks in advance
I am dying to know! I check the ouac site every single morning hoping for something!
Old 05-07-2008 at 06:14 PM   #158
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

same as if they were to accept you. they send out both offers at the same time

Old 05-07-2008 at 07:10 PM   #159
Alvand

Liked: 39 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola2000 View Post
Hi I applied for McMaster Commerce and I am within the range but still have not received an acceptance letter. Its my first choice and I am so stressed out not knowing if I am accepted or not. The cut off is 80-82 % and I have an 81.5%.

Hey I got in last week with a 82.0% so you shouldnt be too worried in my opinion.
Old 05-08-2008 at 03:54 PM   #160
casey.park
SRA Member

Liked: 28 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42__svubc07 View Post
does that mean that they already sent out the 220 offers? :|
Offers have been made. However, successful applicants have been told to reply not only to OUAC but also the BHSc office by May 12 so the office can send out another wave of offers if the 160 spots aren't filled.
Old 05-08-2008 at 06:33 PM   #161
dchan28

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Offers have been made. However, successful applicants have been told to reply not only to OUAC but also the BHSc office by May 12 so the office can send out another wave of offers if the 160 spots aren't filled.
Does that mean that people who just got rejection letters may still have a chance at getting an offer?
Old 05-08-2008 at 10:47 PM   #162
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

dchan, casey.park answered your question before you asked it:

Quote:
Congrats on getting into the BHSc program! After applicants have reached the 90% mark threshold, their supplementary applications are read by at least three people (consisting of 4th year students and faculty), marked out of 7 each time, and averaged out. Those with an average supplementary application score of 7 are sent offers first regardless of marks. People with similar supplementary application averages (ie. two people with scores of 6.8) have their grade averages looked at and those with higher grades are offered the spots first.

The program really tries to cap enrolment at 160 1st year students so they send about 220 offers expecting 60 to decline. However, if any more than 60 decline, they'll fill the rest of the seats on a rolling basis.

Old 05-09-2008 at 12:08 AM   #163
42__svubc07

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
dchan, casey.park answered your question before you asked it:
wait.. so that DOES mean that people who got rejected still have a chance? sorry, i may be a little slow here ^^;
Old 05-09-2008 at 02:33 PM   #164
Daisydawne18

FINALLLYYYYYY... Med Rad SCiences... YEAH!
Old 05-10-2008 at 06:06 PM   #165
J-Met
Elite Member

Liked: 136 Times

Well folks, I did it ...I clicked the "accept" button beside McMaster on my OUAC page.

Officially no longer a prospective student, now I can mark down first year student! YAY!