MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My offers in jeopardy! Help?! MaryS First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-12-2010 12:04 AM
Alternate Offers amare First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 05-10-2010 04:54 PM
McMaster University Offers of Admission 2010 Thread Rubicon First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 28 04-18-2010 09:28 AM
Conditional Offers yevenbother First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 83 07-15-2009 11:20 PM
McMaster Kinesiology offers of admission? Mac12 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 17 04-15-2009 06:19 PM

Offers of Admission

Old 05-10-2008 at 06:30 PM   #166
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

enjoyed May @ MAC did we?

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 05-10-2008 at 07:35 PM   #167
soroush122

Liked: 0 Times

yeah man for sure, I loved it some much , Now If I can figure out a way for paying my Tuition , I would definitely choose Mcmaster instead of U of T and Western . The spirit is uncomparable with the one in U of T and many other things are superior in my opinion .
Old 05-10-2008 at 07:36 PM   #168
soroush122

Lorend , were u a tour guide? if yes for which faculty?
Old 05-10-2008 at 09:32 PM   #169
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Nope. I was at the First Year Experience Office Table

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 05-10-2008 at 09:48 PM   #170
FlyWithMac

FYE Table ?? I think I talked to you... but i might be wrong.
Old 05-10-2008 at 10:01 PM   #171
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

You might have...I was one of the girls...the one without glasses...

Old 05-11-2008 at 08:05 PM   #172
Iman

Liked: 5 Times

I accepted my offer sometime on Wednesday~ And I'm happy I did. Maybe I'll see you next year, J-Met. :P I didn't get a chance to go to May @ Mac but I was there for the Engineering Experience Weekend thing and it really gave me a good feel for the campus and the spirit at McMaster. :D

To me, it seems that Mac doesn't really love the Arts and humanities as much as the sciences and engineering. Though I have to say that the hospital is just weird...the stairs go higher than the actual building!
Old 05-11-2008 at 08:27 PM   #173
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Yeah...that was the fault of whoever designed it. They built extra stairs so more floors could be added...except it wasn't structurally sound enough to add more floors.

Old 05-11-2008 at 09:36 PM   #174
J-Met
Elite Member

Liked: 136 Times

Soroush, you can check out my res preferences here:

http://www.macinsiders.com/showthread.php?t=1810 2

Basically I found Hedden was by far the nicest...followed by Les Prince and McKay. I hope ill get into one of these three. After these three, none of the res's really stood out for me. I probably liked Moulton the best as my 4th choice, except they only have single and triple rooms (I was hoping for a double) and the triple rooms in moulton are pretty crammed. Matthews had nice rooms, but the residence itself has a weird layout...Brandon, Woodstock, and Whidden all seemed kind of blah to me....I dont really want suite style (Bates or May Keyes) and I never ended up seeing Edawards.
Old 05-12-2008 at 08:24 AM   #175
monicatrisha

CONGRATULATIONS GUYS!
i on the other hand have given up on the dream going to Mac :(
i went on the website and it said that the admission average for Mac for nursing is 87%
i have an 83% which was exactly on the dot from the admission from what i saw in september.
so im bummed but its cool, definitely transfering next year...well thats if i can
Old 05-12-2008 at 12:48 PM   #176
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42__svubc07 View Post
wait.. so that DOES mean that people who got rejected still have a chance? sorry, i may be a little slow here ^^;
Yes. It means that if you were rejected, and people who were accepted decide to turn down the offer (not come to Mac) then more seats will open up again and the people who were rejected have a second chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Met View Post
Well folks, I did it ...I clicked the "accept" button beside McMaster on my OUAC page.

Officially no longer a prospective student, now I can mark down first year student! YAY!
EXCITING! Hope to see you at the MacInsiders booth in September for Clubsfest!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monicatrisha
CONGRATULATIONS GUYS!
i on the other hand have given up on the dream going to Mac :(
i went on the website and it said that the admission average for Mac for nursing is 87%
i have an 83% which was exactly on the dot from the admission from what i saw in september.
so im bummed but its cool, definitely transfering next year...well thats if i can
Thats really unfortunate that the program is so competitive and requires such high marks. Hopefully you'll get in next year though and we'll be able to see you at Mac!
Old 05-12-2008 at 12:55 PM   #177
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

This thread is getting quite large. Please keep discussion to the topic of admissions/acceptance letters/offers or posting that you've accepted McMaster as your choice... since we want to welcome you to Mac

The discussion about Engineering has been moved to its own thread under First Year Questions:

http://www.macinsiders.com/showthread.php?t=1810 8

If you have non-admission/acceptance questions or discussion topics, start new threads for them. It's easier for people to find your questions, find your answers, and easier to link to from other posts Thanks!
Old 05-12-2008 at 06:26 PM   #178
MEGnificent

Hey, do you guys know when we'll be receiving packages in the mail to help us pick classes, etc.? I'm so confused and I like to be on top of things.. haha.. I got accepted into soc. sci. (poli sci all the way!).
Old 05-12-2008 at 06:47 PM   #179
J-Met
Elite Member

Liked: 136 Times

This thread might give you some better info on what to do after you've accepted:

http://www.macinsiders.com/showthread.php?t=1807 6

Btw, if its any consolation, Ive accepted also and haven't really any idea what to do, so your not alone haha. I guess its just a waiting game at this point, until I get my acceptance package.

I dont think you have to worry about course selections; according to this you still have until June 30.

http://www.macinsiders.com/showthread.php?t=1810 0

Oh, and thats cool your going into to poli. sci. it was my second choice after engineering...I eventually chose engineering because I got sick of writing essays after grade 12 english

Last edited by J-Met : 05-12-2008 at 06:58 PM.
Old 05-12-2008 at 07:00 PM   #180
MEGnificent

great! Thanks for your help.. I guess we just wait then.