MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Things that are annoying AelyaS First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 582 12-24-2010 02:43 AM
Things need to bring to REZ JeetDevDesai Residence & Housing 32 06-24-2010 11:20 AM
In my first year of University I wish I knew (G&M) jmbauman First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 38 09-02-2009 11:26 PM
8 Things You Should Know About Your Bookstore! kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 0 08-29-2008 10:32 PM
A few new things to note Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 09-30-2006 01:03 AM

THINGS you wished you knew!

Old 08-12-2011
mackcardenos
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 08-13-2011 at 04:20 PM   #331
InsideMINDS

Liked: 11 Times

My area of "things you wish you knew" is in terms of professional and graduate school and their applications. Theres so much to talk about like taking easy courses rather than ones that you think will impress your med school, not worrying about your major, secret work arounds to the course requirements for med schools etc... I think I'll right a large series of blog post outlining as many of these as I can.

Source: I'm a graduate student, ive gone through the whole mess of undergrad and applying to graduate and professional (mainly medical) school. If your interested in grad/med school for the future and you have questions, visit my blog www.insideminds.tk and leave me a comment or pm me on this forum. You can subscribe to the blog via email, which will alert you when I start posting all my insider tips on grad/med school and applications. I usually answer questions within a day or so. good luck

Philipp31 says thanks to InsideMINDS for this post.

Philipp31 likes this.
Old 08-14-2011
danitatecson
Old 08-14-2011 at 12:43 PM   #332
jazzy

Liked: 0 Times

do not pull all nighters. i pulled 2 all nighters in a row for 2 tests and my hands were shaking for the second test for all the coffee. sleep well before all tests!

SyrianFiona says thanks to jazzy for this post.
Old 08-14-2011 at 12:52 PM   #333
brensiyah

best thing to do is keep on top of the work and do your readings - esp. if you have 1M03 you have to do your readings for how humans evolved
Old 08-14-2011 at 01:08 PM   #334
lifesci

-Start studying for midterms as early as possible
-some buildings are left open at night so you can use the empty rooms to study with friends- yeaaa chalkboard!
-explore lower level of student center
Old 08-14-2011
majorieloth
Old 08-14-2011
majorieloth
Old 08-14-2011
leetilghman
Old 08-14-2011
angelicerben
Old 08-14-2011
manaaragus
Old 08-14-2011 at 11:30 PM   #335
moonlitnight

Liked: 4 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by macVIRK View Post
^ walk in the forest behind brandon and take the path until u see the sign to not go any further..ignore it and continue you shall be surprised whats there
The view from there is AWESOME!!!!!!
delaineberes
Old 08-16-2011 at 07:28 AM   #336
SyrianFiona

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post

I 'wish' I didn't purchase some of the textbooks I didn't end up needing (found on line)
Are those found anywhere online, or is there a specific website?
Old 08-16-2011 at 08:29 AM   #337
Freak705
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyrianFiona View Post
Are those found anywhere online, or is there a specific website?
You have to dig through the bowels of the internet. There are easy to find download sites that request a payment of $5 for a membership, but I suspect that they are all scams.

SyrianFiona says thanks to Freak705 for this post.